Thursday, November 10, 2011

Orange Race : Lee Brice, Love Like Crazy


Orange Race : Lee Brice, Love Like Crazy

Runners Ready!
On your Marks
Get Sets
Goes!

It’s official , the Orange Race has just begun.

They called him chris – e when they started out

You ever reach back in your memory and pull out a good one?
Well, sit right back in your computer chair and let me grind
out a yarn for y’all.

You see back before I can remember, there was this guy
nicknamed BEAN.

Well, BEAN had a funny way of talking to me when I was younger.
Him and my Gramms would always call me Chrissy.
It’s funny because it never bothered me any until I got to be a teenager.
You can’t call me Chrissy in front of my friends!

One day in the early 70’s, um, that’s 1970’s before the Internet.
Anyways, I was really good as a baseball player back in the 70’s
and this one particular year, the baseball coach gave me two tickets
to see the Pittsburgh Pirates play the Los Angeles Dodgers at
Chavez Ravine AKA Dodger Stadium.  Back when Vin Skully was the
announcer and Jimmy Dean was a major sponsor.   The day
arrived and since my dad had to work that day, BEAN said he would
take me. 

I was so excited to go to my first PROFESSIONAL Baseball game and
to top it off, it was HELMET day.  Every kid 14 and under got a free
helmet with a professional logo and everything!

Excitement crept up inside of me and I stated to BEAN that I felt
really happy to be going to the game with him.

Bean replied, Thanks Chrissy!

So we are driving up to the stadium and horrors among horrors,
the gates were locked. WHAT?!!! I looked at the tickets and right
on the ticket said

GAME TIME 7:05 p.m.

 Only, I could have sworn the tickets said 12:05 p.m.
I told BEAN that I was sorry I made the mistake.

That’s all right Chrissy.  Hey are you hungry Chrissy? I’ll take you downtown
to get something to eat.

LOS ANGELES in the middle of the day.  That particular summer day, it was hot.
We got out of the car and found a cafeteria style restaurant.  We were just
about up to the cash register to pay for the food when a huge commotion
involving the police occurred RIGHT BEHIND BEAN.  I remember the cops
taking this guy away in handcuffs screaming and hollering.  But BEAN was
the picture of pure calm.  Bean asked me, Did you get enough on your
plate Chrissy?  Those mashed potatoes and gravy look good.  He reached
for a spoon and plunked a bunch of potatoes and gravy on my plate.

There you go Chrissy!

We made it through lunch without any more police interuptions and then
walked around Los Angeles for a couple hours before gametime.
To tell you the truth, I don’t remember who won the game but I do remember
getting the Pittsburgh Pirate helmet and told BEAN all the way home how much
fun I had that day.

So when it came time to leave, BEAN and Gramms would get in their car but
before he did, he always made it a point to hand me a five dollar bill and say

Don’t spend it all in one place Chrissy! 


Respectfully in TRUTH,


#Orange Race is the pursuit of #Happiness DING DING DING #Sur... on Twitpic Fire Wheel of #Love => Orange Dreamsickle #Cheesecake @MPC... on Twitpic @tobykeithsmn Sweet Bourbon Salmon, Bull Rider Steak Sandwich... on Twitpic


P.S.
for more information about the
ORANGE RACE, go to Orange Race Card Angels

Here’s a video from Lee Brice that for whatever reason makes me think
of BEAN and GRAMMS, and the Other Ones who will remain blameless!!!!
I have this recurring dream when BEAN and GRAMMS are looking down
from heaven singing with ALL THE ANGELS , look isn't that Crazy?
They got the memo <( +++ )>











"Love Like Crazy"

They called them crazy when they started out
Said, "Seventeen's too young to know what loves about"
They've been together fifty-eight years now
That's crazy

He brought home sixty-seven bucks a week
Bought a little 2 bedroom house on Maple Street
Where she blessed him with six more mouths to feed
Now that's crazy

Just ask him how he did it
He'll say, "Pull up a seat
It'll only take a minute
To tell you everything"

Be a best friend, tell the truth
And overuse "I love you"
Go to work, do your best
Don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

They called him crazy when he quit his job
Said them home computers, boy, they'll never take off
Well, he sold his one man shop to Microsoft
And they paid like crazy

Just ask him how he made it
He'll tell you faith and sweat
And the heart of a faithful woman
Who never let him forget

Be a best friend, tell the truth
And overuse "I love you"
Go to work, do your best
Don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

Always treat your woman like a lady
Never get to old to call her baby
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

They called him crazy when they started out
They've been together fifty-eight years now
Ain't that crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment